CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

An Idaho Christmas

 We went to Idaho this weekend to celebrate Christmas with my family.  What a fun time we had!  We went bowling and there were prizes for top scoring team, top scoring bowler and lowest scoring bowler.
Crossing our fingers that we'll win top scoring team.
Paul took home top scorer and won himself this awesome swirly straw cup.  He drank out of it all weekend. I guess he didn't want anyone to forget that he trashed them in bowling!
The whole fam
After bowling, we went back to Dad and Carma's house to have dinner and open presents.  We had a nice surprise when my Aunt Deena and Uncle Dale came to say hi.  I love those guys!!!  Best aunt and uncle!  We ate a delicious dinner of ham, rolls, yummy potatoes, mandarin orange salad, cookies, pie, chocolate covered cinnamon bears, peppermint bark, and so much more.  It was sooooo good.  Then it was time to get down to business and open some presents!
Paul got this stocking full of Snickers and Reese's Peanut Butter cups.  He proceeded to pull out almost every single piece of candy and make us take pictures of each one.  I was laughing so hard!  He finally got to the bottom of his stocking and the rest of us could open our presents. :)
I'm loving my new Nook and was so excited to get a gift card to Barnes & Noble so I could buy some more.

After we opened presents, my niece discovered we would be spending the night.  She was so excited to have a "sleepover" and wanted to do all kinds of girly things.  We started with painting our nails.  She painted mine.

Not bad for a 5 year old, right?  I don't think red is the best color.  It kind of looks like I'm dripping blood from my fingers. :)

I tried to get this little guy to smile, but I guess he was going for a GQ look.

We also played a loud game of Wackie 6's and snacked some more.

The next morning we had a big breakfast and then my niece's favorite part about having sleepover's.  She gets to play with my makeup.  I have 3 different palette's with 88 different colors in each of them, so that means 264 colors to choose from.  When we usually have sleepover's at my house, I let her choose any color she wants, because I know she'll take a shower when she gets home and wash it all off.  Since she would be wearing this makeup for the rest of the day, we went for subtle.  Light pink eye shadow, glittery blush and just light lip gloss.  Pretty little girl. :)

Unfortunately, the weekend had to come to an end and it was way too short!  I loved being able to see my family and spend time with them.  We'll be spending Christmas day with Paul's family and are looking forward to that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment